Curls of Wisdom

Straight from my brain to your screen

Monday, January 09, 2006

My life of indolence

I have had another of my periodical blogging urges, brought about primarily by an anonymous comment which offered tantalising evidence that someone actually reads this sort of rubbish. Being extremely reluctant to lose what little fame I have, therefore, I have decided to have another stab at spilling my guts to the world wide web. Pardon the violent imagery, it was simply the first thing to come to mind. Which could indicate a problem, I suppose, but I'd rather just move right along.

So. I believe my last post was a rather self-pitiful attempt to revive some childhood memories. Since then, I have been a busy man, or at least a well-traveled one. I made a small visit to the land of the long white cloud with my brother, and went on what was essentially a road trip with thirty other people in a bus. I have to say it was one of the best holidays I have ever had. Don't think I'm one of those generously made types who sits in a bus all day. There was camping and bike riding involved, to one degree or another. The one and only black mark against that beautiful island (south) was the legions of determined sandflies which seemed to find me (though, to be fair, not only me) absolutely delicious. On the other hand, they did give us something to talk about. I suppose I needed to complain just a little.

Now I just have to address that anonymous comment. Whoever you are, I hope you're enjoying the distress you are causing to my delicate grey matter. It's like knowing there is a surprise waiting, only worse because I'm not sure I'll ever find out what it is. It's an eternal surprise-to-be. On the other hand, it is sort of fun having a secret admirer.
You wrote of your scepticism about blogs. You are right, of course. At risk of losing your patronage, I have to agree that they are a complete waste of time, and most have nothing particularly useful to say (excepting instances such as that famous Iraqi blog, and other such). They do, however, serve as a useful outlet for the author, if that is what s/he wants, and some can provide idle amusement to Joe Bloggs (no pun intended) if he should happen to have a spare few minutes. At the least, they are harmless, as the web is, if not infinite, then practically so, and therefore they cannot be a waste of space.

So keep on reading me, my mysterious friend, if it provides any pleasure at all. Or just drop by and leave a comment every now and then even if you don't read the copy. I like to feel appreciated ;-).
In keeping with the general philosophy of a short post being a good post, this one is done, but I will certainly log on again before too long, no doubt when racked with insomnia and needing to offload, hopefully leading to a slightly less factually driven entry. Be seen by you then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home