Curls of Wisdom

Straight from my brain to your screen

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The chop

So January is over already. We are one twelfth of the way to the next new year, and I've acheived nothing so far. Perhaps I should go by the Chinese calendar, in which case the new year starts...tomorrow? And it's the year of the dog this time around. The same year as I was born, so perhaps that bodes well. Or ill. If you believe in that sort of thing, anyway.

I had a moment of perspective today, though. Thinking of how big a year is and how much we have left, I experienced, almost, a moment in which I had a bigger view of things. Like I was looking at my life from the outside. It didn't last very long, so I unfortunately did not gain any particular curls of wisdom. Anything I can say will no doubt have been said before anyway.

I can say this, though. I wish I could live in that state constantly. Forever viewing things impartially and detachedly. I suspect things would be far less difficult, although maybe a little more boring. I'd just love to have no emotional investment in things. Not to care about little things that currently get me so upset. Maybe I should just amputate the emotional centres of my brain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous blogger hears that lobotomies tend to take away the pleasure with the pain. Remember the Chilli Peppers song. So wherethafckarya Mr. Curls? I miss you.

11:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home